Senior Non-Key Expert (m/f) for planning and programming in Public Administration Reform sector - Support to IPA Programming, Training and Project Preparation - Project Preparation Facility 7
PPF’s main goal is to support and reinforce the capacities of the Serbian administration in the planning, programming and implementation of the EU funds. PPF7’s overall objective is to is to assist the Serbian administration to effectively manage EU integration and pre-accession assistance in order to speed up preparations for EU membership through (project purpose) supporting the planning and preparation of a strategic and policy framework for pre-accession/accession assistance and the development of mature projects with a full set of project documentation in accordance with EU procedures for Programming and Procurement Rules.
It is known that the rules governing the management of the EU funds within the EU are complex and robust. Candidate countries are always advised to start early preparations for the management of EU funds. This requires effective institutions, strong human capacities, as well as established and sound administrative and legal procedures.
This project aims to provide Technical Assistance the Ministry of European Integration and relevant sector line Ministries, agencies and other stakeholders for the programming of IPA Funds, building capacity for the administration of the Funds, and supporting the development of two robust and relevant investment projects.
The purpose of this project, and the expert assignment, is to assist MEI/ Department for Planning, programming/NIPAC TS and Ministry in charge for PAR in IPA planning and programming, provide sector strategic advice, to revise existing and prepare new sector planning documents as required by MEI and associated action documents as well as support the NAD revision for the PAR sector. Furthermore, this assignment is for a consultant leading the PAR sector. It is expected that additional experts will provide inputs into this sector in agreement with MEI and the Ministry in charge for PAR and with the approval of the CFCU under separate and specific TOR for each additional expert. One of the early outputs of this specific assignment is to develop a resource and training assessment for the sector and its sub-sectors which outlines additional TA inputs as necessary. This will be called a sector work package for additional TA that will be used for this sector.
The expert, under the guidance of the project Team Leader and in collaboration with the KE2, expert team and Ministry of European Integration of Serbia, will be responsible for providing strategic advice and assistance to MEI/ Department staff as well as relevant Institutions in the PAR sector on IPA planning and programming and preparation/revision/ updating of relevant programming documents such as SPD, AD, including SRC, and NAD. The expert will perform his/her assignment applying a “learning by doing “approach.
The expert will perform the following activities:
- Desk review of relevant sector strategy (s) and other relevant documents for that particular sector
- Provide strategic advice to MEI and LMs in developing policy matrix for the sector
- Support MEI/LMs for the organisation of meetings with Sector Working Groups and follow up
- Support to revision/Preparation of Sector Planning Documents
- Support to revision of NAD for the specific sector
- Support MEI in the organisation of meetings with Lead and other donors in the sector
- Support MEI staff in the organisation of ad-hoc sector consultation meetings
- Activities of ad-hoc requests as agreed with the TL in writing
The Senior Non-Key Expert will be expected to meet the following requirements:
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Political Sciences or other field relevant to the assignment or 7 years of relevant professional experience in addition to the 5 years of experience below;
- Master degree in Political Sciences would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Serbian language
- At least 5 years of experience in EU and/or other donors funded capacity building programme/projects in the PAR sector:
- Experience in analysis and review of institutional and strategic framework of the sector or its one or more subsectors.
- Experience in policy planning and coordination processes within the Government
- Experience on sectoral approach and budget support would be an asset
The operational base for the project is Belgrade, however, there may be a requirement to travel to selected municipalities throughout Serbia.
The consultant will perform the tasks in period between June 2018 – March 2019, however, the programming cycle is expected to go beyond these initial dates and thus it is expected that the TOR will be extended to reflect the future needs. At this stage up to 50 Senior Non-Key Expert days are allocated to these set of activities. Should they not be required in full for the tasks listed at this stage tasks can be added or indeed days can be re-allocated per administrative order.
Applications are to be provided through the section Contact.
Deadline for applications is 28 April 2018.